Monday, June 30, 2008

Ramblings on Tri

My mentor, Sharon, wrote me today to tell me good job. Thanks to her email I knew the times were posted. All in all I did do a good job. There is always room for improvement, or why else would we subject ourselves to three sports in one race??!! I don't know. My friend, Kelly, asked me on Saturday why I do triathlon, and all I could think to say is "It's hard". How does one explain why one does triathlon? There is a t-shirt at cafepress.com that says: "If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand." Honestly, I don't know why I like tri. It's challenging. It's technical. It pushes me. Tri exposes the weak parts of me and my mental and emotional mind. It's fun. It's different. I don't get bored with one sport. I love the community and I love my CWW team! I love my mentor, Sharon, and coach , Yoli. They are both (as are ALL of the women of CWW) strong, tough, amazing women who encourage me to be the best I can be--even when I am extremely hard on myself. I tri becacuse I can. I tri because most people don't. :)

Ok, enough for now. Later I will post my results. :) 8:26 minute miles!!

No comments: