Friday, August 15, 2008

My Very Own Olympic 2008

Ok, so maybe I am not an L33T (elite) athlete, but tomorrow marks my very own Olympic race--an Olympic distance tri. A .93 mile swim, a 24 mile bike and a 6 mile run. Not too shabby. Additionally, it will be 50 degrees or less when we start, and most likely raining. Today I was thinking owning stock in Under Armour is probably the way to go. I need a whole wardrobe of it. Instead I bought a cheapie Nike pair of capri running pants that I may or may not wear. I think I should, but we got an email from our Pod Mom that said we shouldn't try to put pants on. I'm wondering if I want a faster T-time or a more comfy, warm run.

This week my nutrition has been weak, but I've managed to hydrate and get in quite a few packets of electrolytes. Sadly I have consumed LARGE amounts of honey grahm crackers and fruit snacks today, in hopes of loading my body with carbs. The smarter side of me thinks I am an idiot. We'll see tomorrow. :) hopefully the less smart side of me is right, but I hope the smarter side speaks up earlier for my next race and then "we" (me and the voices that fight in my head) will eat veggies and fruit instead of bread, ham, cheese, coffee and grahm crackers. They sure were delicious!

Ok, more later. The propane ran out, so we have to go get some more. Yes--I should be packing, but it's better to spend quality time with the hubby, I think. :) He's my biggest supporter. Laters.

No comments: