Saturday, September 5, 2009

Blowing a tire

I have not written to update my blog in what feels like forever. I've been training, working, training more, and finishing up leadership development training.Graduated on Wedneday and now all of that hassle is out of the way for a few months. :)

This weekend is a recovery weekend. Today I only had to ride 60 miles followed by a 30 minute run. I called my buddy Richard and he was already planning on riding 62--so I joined him, on a "flat" course. Yeah, right. It was 31 miles uphill. 31 miles mostly downhill. (I didn't know it though--I thought he was serious about it being flat.) Our pace was awesome. The weather was beautiful. All of the cars decided to stay home--wonderful! Coming down hill, feeling great...all of sudden I hear my tire flat. Shit! Pull over, pull the tire off of the bike--and holy crap! My tire has a big gash in it. No more riding for me! I had a tire patch kit with me, but whatever I hit really did damage. That was a $70 tire, that was less than a month old! Luckily a nice couple biking behind us pulled up and saved me--picked me up and took me to my car. Thanks Chuck and Sally!!

I went straight to the bike shop to get a new tire (this week coming is a HUGE bike week). I told the guy what happened--yeap, the better the tire, the weaker it is. H suggested I get a $20 tire for training. They are a little heavier, but a little more durable for rocks, etc. Bike is fixed. Tubes were on sale--buy one, get one free. Stocked up!

Came home, took a few hour nap. Now I'm sitting here, thinking about dinner---something to fuel my 15 mile run tomorrow. I'm going to make one of my best friends a baby blanket tonight. I'm feeling very Martha Stewart-ish. :) I bought the cutest material, the cutest flannel backing and some nice batting for inside, made out of something all natural and renewable. It's going to be Channing's (the baby) first "green" baby blanket! :)

Hmmmm...I don't really feel motivted to move.

No comments: