Monday, March 9, 2009

And time marches on....

I have MISSED blogging! It's a past time I don't let myself do often because it feels like I should be doing more "important" things that recapping my life digitally...but I love doing it...so here I am. I can't stay long--have to go do some work.

On February 18 I had shoulder surgery at the advice of my 5 time Ironman surgeon. He said I probably wouldn't make it through the season, and by the July I couldn't have the surgery. So I've been out for three weeks now to kick ass later. I had a small tear, a bone spur and a nasty acromion hook. All better now. I ran today for the first time. Did 5 x 400m runs with max air squats between (at Crossfit). It kicked my ass. Shoulder is still tight and makes me run lopsided, but it's better than not being able to run. Only had a little bit of pain. Nothing major.

Saw Pete this past weekend. The topic this month to fix was my lack of motivation and lack of a plan (time schedule). For two days I have made my workouts, done my PT, and hit my water goals. It's time to get serious, right now. I had to have him set me straight. He did, kindly and compassionately. I chuncked my day into three pieces--morning, midday and night. I found I have way more time than I thought. I just have to "Weed my garden" and get rid of the unnecessary stuff. It is a sacrifice I must make.

I am still in a job I don't like, but I'm working on that. Today was a "hopeless' day at work, but tomorrow won't be. It's a pattern for me. Off and on.

Anyway, I am back and so glad! Time to start hitting the roads, the trails, and the lanes. It's time to get excited and back in the groove!

off to do some work--an indication of my unbalanced life, for today.

1 comment:

Molly said...

GREAT to see you blogging again!