Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A "real" workout week!

Taking three weeks off of sports activity is both wonderul and painful. It's nice to find that there is more to life than running and lifting. I painted sun catchers (with one hand), made a wedding scrapbook for a friend (even with shoulder surgery), I bought some coloring books and markers and twistable crayons. I played. It was super. Oh, and I wrote a really long story that ends up to be three chapters of a little novel I am attempting to write. Butmy most favorite thing I did--i read the TWILIGHT saga in one week. IT WAS FABULOUS!

But, here we are today, and my childish play is over for the most part for most of the year! I anticipate a few more scrapbook parties, etc, but now it's time to run, swim, bike, lift, stretch, drill, change tires, cram into a wetsuit, get green hair from chlorine, and invest in multiple pairs of shoes. Somehow, that all sounds pretty exciting afterall. Whew. Maybe I am cut out for this life after all! HA!

Sunday I biked (stationary) for 45 minutes. Monday I went to CrossFit (and ended up running and doing squats). Today I made it to the gym and ran for 40 minutes. I was running 10 min/mile, and at 40 minutes I started to get dizzy, so I stepped off. No sense in passing out this early in the season.

All in all, not bad for returning from sitting on my ass having art class.

Gotta go now. I have some work to do and then get to bed early. I am attempting to swim tomorrow--not sure what time yet...oh yes, after work. I'll be working early in the morning. This is exciting---not even four weeks after surgery and I will be swimming!!! Doc said it would be around 6 weeks, so my healing is strong.

Oh, speaking of that. Physical therapy. Holy CRAP! I was told last year that physical therapy is part of my training, not a side thing. My PT told me if I don't do the exercises, I will not make it to IMAZ09. So.....One day I have about 13 shoulder exercises. The next day I have lower body and core (ankles, knees, SI Joint, hips, IT Band). <--no joke. Triathlon is seriously painful on my body. BUT, whatever. Everyone hurts somewhere and at sometime. I was told to get over it. It is what it is.

Hope training is going well for you all out there in blogger-land!

Goodnight!

No comments: