Monday, March 23, 2009

Checkin in


So many days fly by between posts!!!

After my last few posts, I managed to clean out my closet, get caught up on my laundry, clean my counter off, go through all my shit under the kitchen sink, and clean out the guest bedroom. That felt great!! I also managed to order photos and put them in frames to one day hang up---they will be the first true photos we hang up in our house....after 3.5 years of being here. We're slow. :)

Today I sat in a leadership development class. I was picked to be one of four people from our organization to be placed in this group. It's great, but it's going to be A CRAP LOAD of extra work. Why do I do this to myself?

I finished class 2 of 7 for my project management certification through the VA. I'll probably take some time off before I start class three. Working a ton, doing this new leadership thing, trying to get to the gym, and a number of other random things makes it hard to control my schedule. Right now I am exhausted. Got home from training at 415, took a nap until 615, then went to meet some coworkers for a few hours to work on a major project that's due soon (I forgot to metion that I am in training for two weeks!!), and now I am about to spend a few more hours working in VISIO--building my first flow chart in VISIO.

Came to the realization, again today, that I HAVE to eat well. HAVE TO HAVE TO HAVE TO. Eating poorly is not only horrible for my body, but also for my mind! Way bad on me mentally. I went to the store tonight and bought good food, came home, washed it, and packaged it, so I can eat fruit and veggies during class tomorrow instead of Rice Krispy Treats, yogurt, and cookies. :)

I am coming up on a big changing point in ym life. I am either going to accept where I am with my job and my life, or I am going to change it. I miss feeling at peace.

Okay, on to working! Good night!

1 comment: