Sunday, September 7, 2008

Half Marathon to Ice Bath

Today was Jess and I's "long run" of 13 miles. It was long, let me tell ya! I hurt really bad after mile 7 of any run..so today I hurt for some time. It was a good run, though. Times were a little slower than we thought it should be, but hey, we ran a freaking HALF MARATHON training run.....I need to give us more credit! :)

WE saw some homeless people on the trail, some shouted out things to us and others didn't, thankfully. We almost ran right into an old couple because we were tired and had a hard time stopping our legs when we needed to. They weren't mad, though. :)

I got mental. I started to wonder if I could truly take the pain of RUNNING a full marathon. WHY would I want to do a marathon??? It's too late to ask that question. I have to trust the training and my determination. I have to trust that when the time is right, my legs will be there to carry me. Oh, and I will be nutritionally prepared. Today was not quite one of those days, although we didn't do too bad with food.

Racing a half marathon is soooo much more exciting than training a half marathon. :) The people, the excitement, the TAPER you get the few days before. :)

As we ran back to her house, as we passed road signs, I took the first letter of the road and made a positive word out of it for us. G became GREAT! GREAT! GREAT!. H was HOORAY FOR US! I'm sure I was out of it by then.

After the run I went to the vet to get cat food, and stopped by the gas station and picked up 20 pounds of ice. Came home, ate, and took a bath in 20 pounds of ice water for 10 minutes.

Legs feel.....frozen. :)

No comments: