Thursday, April 23, 2009

Raw Broccoli Soup

I seem to do well with numbering my thoughts, so I will continue in that fashion for this post.

1. I love to try new things--especially diets. Mainly because I have never found one that works AND is technically healthy. Sure, I've lost weight on some of them--but indulging in dairy didn't sit well with my stomach.
2. So--I am trying raw. My friend, Dave, went raw and I thought he was out of his f-ing mind--especially training for ironman. I doubted it, for sure.
3. But being eternally curious, I started to read a bit about raw...then read more, then try some stuff, then read more, then today--buy a juicer, a food processor, and some new kitchen utensils.
4. I don't even like to cook--but for some reason, now, I am thrilled to "cook" food. I, all of a sudden, LOVE to read raw recipes...and drool over them.
5. Tonight I made my first raw soup--broccoli. Wow. Yum. Broccoli, almonds, raw honey, cumin, garlic, onions, water, salt, pepper.....very tasty!
6. I learned today a little about food combining for the BEST results....fruit only an empty stomach. Shit. :) They recommend fruit until noon, then salads, then soups, breads, etc. Really you can eat whatever you want, whenever you want---but like all things, there are "better" ways to do things.

7. My shoulder that I had surgery on HURTS from too much lifting.
8. I took today off from work, from training, from taking a shower--I just did whatever I wanted, and cleaned.
9. ok, I'm done. :)

No comments: