Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday musings

I finally figured out that it takes me longer than most (in my opinion) to get going. I'm training, but not every day and not perfectly. But it is my goal that I am working towards. I figured out this weekend that nothing is perfect...and I am not going to be perfect, so I need to touch base with myself and see what is "enough", from time to time.

Take this weekend for instance. I was supposed to have my bike ready by last weekend, but I didn't get it done. So this week I had my stepdad install the new wheels. Saturday I was going to take the bike in and get the new pedals put on, and get my shoes put together. Didn't. I WENT to cycling clinic today, but didn't ride. I took a lot of notes, paid attention to the drills---then took my bike in to get all the adjustments.

I went to Performance because I was supposed to have $80 in credits.....double points from last week. First I had to have them take the security tag off of the shoes I bought last week. Then I found some new tights, new century riding pants, a new tool bag, and yes-- alittle dingy bell for the bike path to work. I don't care if a bell is stupid--it feels safer to me. :) So I get to the cash register and only half of my points are showing up! Shit. So I only bought the bell, the tool bag and the tights. They are going to fix my points--dammnit. :) Then I went to Bibcyle Village to get my pedals put on and my shoes fixed. I bought my bike there last year--so they totally hooked me up and did it for free! VERY nice people there--great customer service.

After a long day of driving all over, I came home and ate. :) Now I am about to make my schedule for the week. This should be fun!! :)

Oh, but before I go---I am going to be more conscious of my time and energy this week, and try not to waste it on shit that doesn't make me happy and feel good! :) My diet is making me feel great--Paleo and a lot of raw....and lots more sleep!

No comments: