Friday, May 9, 2008

FINALLY got in the water today

I made it to a swim today! AMAZING! It's a miracle. I used to LOVE to swim, and I still do--I just don't like GETTING in the water, and now that I know my stroke sucks hard core, I'm embarrassed! (Have a swim assessment and they told me my stroke needs a lot of work!)

So anyway, here is the workout I did:
1x200 yd warmup
3x400 yd freestyle (7:00-8:30 each)
3x200 yd freestyle (didn't time)
3x100 yd freestyle (did sprint intervals)
1x200 cool down
Total: 2500 yds in 50 minutes.

Swimming is "easy" for me, which is another reason I haven't spent much time in the water. Running and biking weren't so easy, although they are both getting better. But I am not a two sport person--I'm a three sport person, so gotta start training in the water! YIKES--open water swim starts at the end of the month! Gotta get a wetsuit sooooon!

No comments: