Sunday, May 11, 2008

Oh what a ride!

Today's workout was C-R-A-Z-Y! Got to the team swim practice and swam 1800+ yards. Took a short break, go tmy biking stuff on, grabbed some food and hydration, and set out on my LONGEST and HARDEST ride to date--in my whole entire 31 years! Sure, I've ridden 24 miles in a day, but never all at once! Today we rode 27 miles (with some hills) in 1:43:57, which ends up being at 17mph pace. NOT BAD for a newbie! It was super hard, actually. Doable, but extruciating at times. I wasn't wearing ANY padding in my shorts, so that was the first thing to become unbearable around mile 23 or 24. On top of that, my lower back started hurting and the top of my back was sooooo tight---it stung to move. I'd stand up a little to give my girl parts and butt a rest from the seat, only to have to sit back down on them both which hurt even more. But, even though it was painful, it was super rewarding. I felt great!

Came home, took a nap, then Eric and I did chores all afternoon. Now I HAVE to go do homework!

No comments: