Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Spin-Run-Work-Run

Today was filled with exercise! Woke up early to go to spin at the gym. Cary was the instructor and he's great--hard, but great. He lead us on a "flat, fast" course. I thought I was going to die. It was HARD! 5 minute intervals--2 minutes steady, 1.5 minutes double time, 1.5 minutes out of the saddle double time. OUCH!! I lasted 48 of the 50 or so minutes. Then I got off the spin bike, threw my running shoes on and ran for the nearest treadmill where I ran a 8:06 mile. Then, tonight, Jess and I went running downtown for an hour. That was fun. She's a great running partner and I know she is making me a better runner for sure.

I put all my stuff in sparkpeople, and it ends up I burned 1305 (give or take) calories today! Woo-hoo! That makes up SOMEWHAT for that entire bag of mini rice cakes I ate while shopping for groceries!

I learned today that I need excessive amounts of water when I work out--almost an ounce for every minute or a little bit over. Seriously!! I drank almost 50 ounces spinning and running and I didn't get a headache for once! YAY!!

I'm kind of bummed about losing my muscle definition from 8 months of weight training, but I guess it's okay for now. I'll have to use the "off season" to get ripped. I'm still doing weights, but not insanely like I was.

Well, that's all for tonight. Now it's time to rest, read for school and go to sleep!

Sweet dreams! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........................

No comments: